Sunday, March 1, 2009

ScanLife EZcode

There's a new addition in the sidebar - it's a ScanLife EZcode. The concept is pretty simple, and it allows you to instantly visit and share this blog with others. Currently it's only set to take you directly here to the blog, but it can also have options such a 'Contact' or 'Sumbit a Tip' - both of which may be implemented in the future.

To use it, you simply have to have the ScanLife app installed on your phone (available from the digital lounge @ Sprint since November, and available on most other carriers too, I assume). Then a snap of the image with your camera phone is all it takes. One quick use would be if someone had printed out a post, or if someone secretly pinned only the EZcode on your bulletin board, you could pull out your device and be instantly connected to the blog, or given contact options, too.

Here's a larger version, in case your phone's image quality is too low for the smaller version:

ScanLife Large Logo

I'm yet sure what options may be enabled in the future, but I think the contact and tips menu items will be likely targets in the near future.

Go ahead - cut it out and leave only the EZcode in random places around the Sprint Campus - I know you're dying to!

7 comments:

  1. I have a few questions that I'd like to email you. What's your email address?

    Aside from Pre battery life which you may not be able to answer at this time, I'm wondering if the Everything Plan requirement will be needed on all upcoming Sprint smartphones including the Rhodium (Touch Pro 2) and Diamond 2 as well as the Blackberry 9000. I have an older plan I don't really want to change and although I'm really tempted by the Pre I just don't feel comfortable with the state of things adding the add'l cost. I'd rather know early in case these phones will have the same requirements so if there's a new policy change or plans on upcoming Smart Phones I know to be ready for them rather than get too bummed. Your blog is one of the smartest things I've seen a company do in quite sometime and you've become my main source on Pre news in the past week. Any info you could provide on the above would be greatly appreciated.

    Best,

    -wp

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Currently it’s only set to take you directly here to the blog, but it can also have options such a ‘Contact’ or ‘Sumbit a Tip’ - both of which may be implemented in the future."

    What does Sumbit mean? ;)

    Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. question for you, love the blog by the way. am with verizon now, get 21% off and would also get the same discount thru sprint as I work for GM. I have 2 phones (family plan 1400min) and 250 text for both phones. my bill averages about 93.00 a month. The caveat here is that I also have a good buddy of mine that is very close to a guy here in MI that owns about 12 Sprint stores and says he can get me a great deal. Would love to believe this is true. Can he get my a higher discount then I would receive now? I have looked at metro pcs locally and it appears that i can get voice, internet, email and everything for about 90 per month. My question is, I very much like Sprints marketing campaign, it appeals to me (makes sense, you know?) but will I be able to get a better deal? I mean, crap, for 95 to get internet and everything via metro pcs? however, they still seem fly by night to me without the best coverage. Anyway, any thoughts u have would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying to download ScanLife for my new Palm Pre, but can't find the Pre listed. Help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy...I'm can't find it either. I don't think its available for the Palm Pre yet. I searched the whole web. In fact, I haven't found very many apps for the Pre. Way more for I-Phone...unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy...I'm can't find it either. I don't think its available for the Palm Pre yet. I searched the whole web. In fact, I haven't found very many apps for the Pre. Way more for I-Phon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some application ideas for scanlife on palm pre, one has an MIT patent.
    But I have not seen any reference that it will be available for pre.
    Tealpoint software could pull it together. They have lits of app experience with the old palm.

    We also need interactive forms in pdf for pre
    Any developers want to work on this with me.
    Css, html 5, javascript.

    ReplyDelete