Friday, May 18, 2012

Process Update: Cancelling a submitted order - Escalation

Also, this just went out to the front lines. Nothing really new, other than the fact that it's a small modification to the long standing 'refuse shipment' process for cancelling an order once it's been submitted. Unsure what prompted it.. could it be because we made public the 'Why you can't cancel your Sprint order' post? We'll never know for sure, but it serves the same purpose, without the extra work on the customer's part. Maybe if nothing else, we've prompted a change in process that benefits the customer. Maybe that's wishful thinking.. maybe not. It is unclear whether the process will be carried over to other orders, or reserved solely for this situation.
Remember: Requests to Cancel Pre-Orders in Fulfillment Hold for the HTC EVO 4G LTE can no longer be accepted. Instruct customers on refusing shipment (no accessories included) or follow return processes.

For ESCALATED scenarios ONLY, where customers threaten legal action or continued escalation through the corporate chain, engage Supervisor. Tell customers that we will attempt to work with the warehouse and carrier to request a package intercept at Sprint’s cost.

Supervisors will send the following detail to Escalations as follows: (address removed, as the point was the change in process, not the email contact info)

  • Subject Line:  Escalated HTC EVO 4G LTE Cancellation Request for

  • Detail Required within e-mail body:

  • Customer Name

  • BAN

  • Order Number

  • Date/Time Request to Cancel Received


8 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate all the updates-- I imagine this goes for everyone else as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Request an Intercept at Sprint's cost" Some customers may not like that verbiage too much. Then again, they should just wait for the awesomeness that is to come!!!!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THese updates are great.. I cant wait until this phone comes!!!!! I have an Iphone and im never buying one again.. Apple is preposterous.. They are just jealous because they are still so far behind in the mobile device world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did this late last night. I have a business account and told them my business was suffering. I knew it wasn't Sprint's fault, but I was disappointed that no one informed me. I was able to cancel through telesales where i preordered, then called account services to have my upgrade status reset. Now I'm just waiting for Amazon (which has been nothing but awesome) to put their link back up so I will only have to pay $150, rather than what came out to be $250 through telesales. at this point I'd rather save 100 bucks and get the phone eventually 3rd party, rather than wait on Sprint's full price and poor customer communication (not service).

    ReplyDelete
  5. So basically, cancel orders only if they threaten Sprint..

    Haha, lie to them until they get REAL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder ... It sounds like our pre-orders might actually ship soon.... Is there really a huge rush of ppl wanting to cancel? I could understand if we found put the delay would be months, but it sounds like this might get resolved in the next few days. Am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I can get the phone within the next week I will stick with it but I need a phone. I'm paying a lot of money right now for services that haven't been working on my current phone for months. I wont go much longer paying for services that I can't take advantage of. I want to cancel so I can at least get something that I can use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I'm considering a cxl. The Amazon deal is looking good at $100 off but also a phone with 2gb of ram looks great if it's within 6mo. This is especially true with HTC "tweaking" the ram so that background processes get suspended more often. I'm tired of that happening on my og EVO all the time. I can't believe that they didn't have the foresite to have more RAM in the OG and I'm not sure 1GB will be great in a new device given the size of many of todays apps (eg. Sense).

    ReplyDelete