Wednesday, May 23, 2012

So, you wanna buy ISN a beer?

I've always turned down donations, despite multiple requests, and the legal issues if I were to make any sort of profit. So, with that being said, I've come up with a solution! Instead of buying a beer for me, if you really want to donate something, then let's make it something that can make the ISN blog better for everyone!

If you'd like to make a donation - it will be to added together to pay for the yearly upgrade fee so I can get a premium wordpress account ($99/yr) that way I can actually customize the theme into something that is a little more friendly,and gives me extra storage space for all these cool docs! Anything that's donated that goes over the amount of 1yr of hosting, will be used to add extra space, or to pay for an additional year.

As I've said 1,000 times - I don't do this for the money, obviously. I do this because I, too, am a Sprint customer - and I enjoy it, and I feel it's needed. So PLEASE don't feel like I'm asking for a donation, because I'm not. But for those that would like to 'buy a beer' for me - you can help me get a wordpress upgrade instead :)

This is probably the one and only time I'll ever post about this, I may add a link to the sidebar for when this scrolls off the screen, but I've literally had so many requests of ways to donate, that this is the only solution that I can come up with, and one that will be beneficial to everyone!

So, if you want to 'buy ISN a beer' (aka donate to the WP Upgrade fund), you can do so here:

https://www.wepay.com/donations/inside.sprint.now

Donate with WePay

Also - I chose WePay, because after talking with them about remaining anonymous, they would be willing to fight a subpeona, and I've used them for another project before, so that helps to protect my identity :)

19 comments:

  1. I will donate some $..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done. Thanks again for your info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can i donate VIA paypal?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why not just get a domain and cheap hosting instead? Then you can still install wordpress (very easily) as well as do anything you want on it. You wouldn't have to worry about some kind of legal team hounding wordpress to block your site or anything like that. Sure, your host might get the same kind of hounding but you would be in control of your site/domain/files and be able to do more with your own domain. You could do things like add stuff that isn't just wordpress...like a forum for example so people could continue and expand on discussions they have after stories you post ;).

    $10 a year for a domain and maybe $10 a month for basic but decent hosting. Much better option that going through wordpress directly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to go that route when i first started - but it's way too easy to get domain ownership records, even with the privacy guard features.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that's the least we can do for all you do (and jeopardize) for us

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember back in the day Sprint was militant about bloggers. They went after people for disclosing things to their friends on Facebook. It was got a little better in 2010, but I moved on to something else at that point. INS is quite right to insert as many and as big of a wall(s) between himself and the sometimes nasty Sprint legal department.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blog was a hero of sorts to us. We thought the employee got fired when the posts stopped in 09'

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't ever donate to things like this, but your efforts kept me sane through this whole ordeal, so I went ahead and donated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. tried to donate, but WePay site is not working or too busy. will try again later. or you can just skim $20 off my Sprint bill, you have my permission Neo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. [...] So, you wanna buy ISN a beer? « Inside Sprint Now [...]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey I could do one better I could talk to a friend of mine who runs epic Web Design they also host as well and if you tell him that you don't want any traces of you and your name he will do so and if you tell him that I sent you he will hook you up like no tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice offer and while probably genuine, if I were NEO I would be on a heightened sense of alert after what has just happened.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Put fake info ;). Or use a relative who doesn't live in the same stake or have the same last name in there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would think that the same methods they would use to get info from a domain privacy protected domain would work against wordpress to give up your info as well.

    ReplyDelete